Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Eagles, Eagles and more Eagles




Years ago we were in London and happened to see all these big colorful, almost life-size cows everywhere at Canary Wharf. So this turns out to be a project on tour to raise some money for some charity ("Save the Cows", "Milk for the Masses"? 'Make a Dairyman Happy and Stop Breast-Feeding"?) Who knows, but the theme caught on and now we have "Pigs" in Seattle and "Ponies" in Scottsdale (REALLY TACKY).


But here in Vancouver the Eagles seem to really work. They are not too large, but colorful enough and big enough to be noticed. I don't thing these are going on tour and next year they will be auctioned off. I am think one would look really cool in my back yard and if i can buy one for less than $300 (LOL) I will put in a bid. Again I am not sure of the charity here, but I am happy to say the eagles don't need saving. They are thriving here in Canada and Alaska!!! We have seen several on our trip up to the NW in the past few years. Even saw a fat one that looked like it could hardly take off (it did).

No comments:

Post a Comment