Thursday, August 20, 2009

Curb your dog..please. AND pick up the mess

Tuesday August 18th

Ready to head out from Seattle to Portland from Seattle having spent the evening with Karen and Howard L on Mercer Island. So out I go to pack up the car on a beautiful clear morning. Having made one trip to the car, I return for more items to pack (endless items on this trip!!) and as I am walking downstairs, Karen says “you have something messy on your shoes and it’s now on the white carpet”. Then Paula says, “and it really stinks”. Well guess what I brought in on my waffle soled hiking boots…dog excrement otherwise known as dog turds, dog dew and most commonly dog shit! Some friendly neighbor was kind enough to have his dog take a dump right behind my car and as I was packing up and not looking at the ground, I stepped into it..yuck! I clean up the mess with some chemical agent that Karen gave me and will probably make my hair fall out in a year. Then I take a brush to the boots and try cleaning them in the laundry sink. Oops, the bristles on the brush move the smelly little pieces not into the sink as I intended but rather on to my clean (formerly clean that is) white shirt. What a great way to start my day.
I don’t believe in capital punishment, but if I could find the dog’s owner, I would have he/she buried up to their head in sand and then pasted with their dog’s mess daily for at least a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment