Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bambi and friends in Ashland




August 26th




I like deer as much as anyone else. They are so cute and graceful and animating a doe with her fawn made lots of parents and their kids big fans of Walt Disney. But this is ridiculous! There are more deer roaming the streets of Ashland than Toyotas.


Yesterday afternoon as we were relaxing on the patio up strolls a buck the size of a small horse. Palua freaks out and runs for cover. Brave King Arthur (moi) defends the damsel and tries to chase him away. Without a weapon on any type to fend him off I resort to yelling "get out of here" LOUD. He totally ignores me for a few seconds and then decides to move on and slowly strolls to the next neighbors yard. I am so brave and will now be immortalized as the defender of damsels with my voice alone. Take that Mel Gibson and "Braveheart".


The pic is a friend this morning, not the menacing buck of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment